7.5 hours

Yesterday was a fun day! I slept in by 30 minutes and then had to run around like a raving lunatic. Not to mention the boyfriend constantly nipping my ear – ‘Do you know what time it is?!’ ‘You’re going to be late!!’ ‘Hurry up!’ Talk about pressure! The thing is, I was meeting up with a friend for lunch so couldn’t exactly go out bare faced, bed hair and in all honesty, a complete mess. It was a miracle that 40 minutes later, I was ready to leave.

I had set myself a massive challenge! I needed to be finished food shop within 30 minutes, this timescale included finding the items and then packing them before leaving the store – Nightmare! It was 12.30pm and lunch was at 1pm. My boyfriend waited outside in the car, as we always seem to bicker when he comes with. I don’t know if we’re the only couple who finds it stressful, as we both have our own way of doing things?!

But in all seriousness, have you ever tried to do a food shop in 30 minutes? Disastrous! Now I’m not the type of person who walks in front of people or gets in their way on purpose. The only thing that I struggle with is turning corners with a heavy trolley as I don’t have two strong legs to help. But honestly, I don’t know why some people think they have the right of way, especially when they walk directly into my path.  My last pet peeve is someone who leaves their trolley in the middle of the aisle and then stands between it and the shelves and don’t move it when you say ‘excuse me!?’ How rude!!

I was cutting it close but I still made it to self scan at 12.50pm. I sent my boyfriend a text to ask him to come round the front, thinking I’d only be a couple of minutes. But I think I might have jinxed myself! Those stupid self scan machines arghh, I knew once I scanned the first item that I’d made a big mistake. Especially when the red light flashed and no one came near.

Thankfully I have a very forgiving friend and she was happy to wait a few minutes so I could give the trolley to my boyfriend. It was good to catch up, it had been a while. We chose a local Italian to try and it was pretty busy. Thankfully we didn’t need to wait long to be seated.

I chose from the lunch menu: 2 courses for £9.99; great value for money and a good selection. I had a sweet chilli chicken starter and the dip had a bit of a kick to it. Sadly I’m a wimp when it comes to spice so I swerved it but it was pretty delicious. Now don’t laugh but I then chose haddock and chips, in an Italian yehp, you read that right. However, the lunch menu didn’t include pizza so I went for the next best thing.

Sadly, we’ve come to the conclusion that the chef either dropped a whole ton of salt in our main courses by mistake or he doesn’t know when to stop seasoning. It’s a pity as my haddock and chips tasted liked they’d been cooked in salt water – not pleasant and my friends risotto was the same. Unfortunately, we’re still on the hunt for our new favourite restaurant.

After lunch we parted ways and I headed in to my Aladdins cave, it’s surprising how long I can spend in Superdrug. Swatching lipsticks, eyeshadows, liners, powders etc. I walked out with a new foundation, eyeliner and lipstick and a few toiletries. Makeup is so expensive!! I spent £28.00 on next to nothing.

I then wandered into New Look and I’m glad I did, as they were having a sale. I am slightly worried that shops are already removing summer clothes from their shelves. I hope I make it to Primark in time to pick up some more crop tops as they’re great to wear underneath a top that is cut too low. Plus I haven’t bought anything for our hypothetical holiday in September. Surprisingly most of the things I took into the changing rooms, I bought! This doesn’t happen much due to sizing issues.

I think it was fate as I managed to find the only pair of boots that were in the sale in a size 5, that I’ve had my eye on for ages. I also bought 2 white tees and a loose fitting grey jumper. However, the worst damage I made to my bank balance was in asda, yehp my second trip of the day. I bought a dress, vest top, duvet cover and cushions, plus many more toiletries. I’m now officially skint and I’ve just been told that there is a blue cross sale just started – gutted!

I had a great day and it’s been a while since I’ve been able to spend 7.5 hours out of the house, doing something I enjoy. I had a lovely day overall and ended it with a long catch up with my mum on the phone and a tub of ice cream.

Until next time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s